• Software used for design of roof purlins produced by Ruukki
• Software that includes two interfaces: `Full designer version´ for detailed design and a simplified `Easy and quick pre-selection version´ for fast product selection and optimisation
• The software is intended to be operated by civil/structural engineers or otherwise adequately qualified persons
• Software enabling capacity verifications for the service limit state and ultimate limit state
• Design codes : ENV 1993-1-3, EN 1993-1-3
• Software license automatic registration
• Automatic latest version check
• Languages: Finnish, English, Swedish, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungary, Romanian
With the PurCalc software, the user can design roof and wall purlins produced by Ruukki. The available purlin profiles are:
In addition, the so-called slanted-web Z-profile is available. The purlins are suitable for both insulated and non-insulated roofs. With the software, you can examine both single- and multi-span constructions. The spans can have a continuous profile, or profiles can be connected with different joints.
There are two, different user interfaces available, `Full designer version´ and `Easy and quick pre-selection version´. The `Easy and Quick pre-selection version´ can be used for pre-selecting the most suitable, optimal structural system for purlins in a clear and user-friendly way. After the pre-selection has been done, the final detailed design can be completed by means of the `Full designer version´ of the software. Please notice that the `Easy and quick pre-selection version´ is always included as part of the `Full designer version´.
BASIS OF DESIGN
The purlins are designed as continuous beams. The purlin type must be the same for the whole structure, but the thickness may vary. One of the purlin flanges is assumed to be supported with the profile sheet. The other flange may be either supported or unsupported. The available connection types are:
• continuous (same profile)
• continuous end-to-end connection
• pinned joint at support
• pinned joint with a support piece (so-called sleeve connection)
Basic loads such as uniform snow load and wind load can be easily given with a few parameters. Also, more complicated load types, such as snowdrift loads, can be given. The software calculates the necessary fasteners for the supporting structure as well.
The capacities used in the software are based on tested profile types according to EN-Eurocode instructions. It is also possible to perform the design with capacities calculated according to the ENV 1993-1-3 or EN 1993-1-3 Eurocode. However, in that case, the capacities are considerably lower than the tested values. The design principles are presented in the Finnish Constructional Steelwork Associations (Teräsrakenneyhdistys) Code Cards. The user can input the safety factors for the material and load according to the local NA (National Annex) instructions.
The software supports Finnish, English, Swedish, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, or Romanian language selection. The language can be selected during installation, or it can be chosen from the program settings. User interface and output report languages can be changed separately.
Calculation results can be previewed and printed on the system printer. The user can select the data to be printed. The basic printout is in table text form. Additionally, the user can print various load quantity graphs.