• Software used for design of load bearing profiles produced by Ruukki
• Software that includes two interfaces: ‘Full designer version´ for detailed design and a simplified ‘Easy and quick pre-selection version’ for fast product selection and optimisation
• The software is intended to be operated by civil/structural engineers or otherwise adequately qualified persons
• Software that enables capacity verifications for the service limit state and ultimate limit state also including stressed skin design and fastener design
• Design codes: Fin B6, Swe N5, No NS, Dk DS, ENV 1993-1-3, EN 1993-1-3, DIN
• Software license automatic registration
• Automatic latest version check
• Languages: Finnish, English, Swedish, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungary, Romanian, Russia
With the Poimu software, the user can design load bearing profiles produced by Rautaruukki Oyj. The profiles can be used as load bearing structures for both roofs and walls which can be either insulated or non-insulated. The structures can be single-span, double, multi-span or continuous.The software offers localised profile selection according to the country chosen.
There are two, different user interfaces available: ‘Full designer version’ and ‘Easy and quick pre-selection version’. The latter version can be used for pre-selecting the most suitable, optimal load bearing profile and appropriate structural system in a clear, user-friendly way. After the pre-selection is done, the final detailed design can be completed by means of the ‘Full designer version’ of the software. Please notice that the ‘Easy and quick pre-selection version’ is always included as part of the ‘Full designer version’.
BASIS OF DESIGN
Load bearing profiles are designed in the Poimu software as one-metre-wide continuous beams. A Poimu profile must have the same type throughout the construction, but the thickness can vary. The following connection types are available:
• continuous (extended end overlap)
Basic loads such as uniform snow load and wind load can be easily given with a few parameters. Also, more complicated load types, such as snowdrift loads, can be given. The software also calculates fasteners both for the support structure and side overlaps. Fasteners and forces caused by roof stressed skin design can also be calculated.
The user can choose Finnish thin steel sheet code B6, Swedish N5, Norwegian NS, Danish DS, Eurocode ENV, or Eurocode EN (or DIN) as the design code.
The software supports Finnish, Swedish, English, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Romanian, or Russian as the user interface language. The supported report output languages are Finnish, Swedish, English, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Romanian, and Russian. The language can be selected during installation, or it can be chosen from the program settings. User interface and output report languages can be changed separately.
Calculation results can be previewed and printed to the system printer. The user can select the data to be printed. The basic printout is in table text form. Additionally, the user can print various load quantity graphs.